Our Capital Regional specialists provide technical assistance…
advice on soils and nutrients...
farm tours and workshops...
guidance and resources on fruit production...
integrated pest management (IPM)...
and so much more! Call or come by and see us today!
- Home »
- Agriculture >
- Capital Area Agriculture and Horticulture Program (CAAHP)
Capital Area Agriculture and Horticulture Program (CAAHP)
What is the Capital Area Agriculture and Horticulture Program?
A regional program effort of Cornell Cooperative Extension of Albany, Rensselaer, Schenectady and Washington Counties to serve the educational needs of the commercial agriculture and horticulture industries.
How does it work?
Call your local Cornell Cooperative Extension office to talk with one of our regional agriculture specialists. These specialists can tell you about regional and local educational programs in field crops, greenhouse production, livestock production, and farm business management. We also employ a beginning farmer/market development specialist to help new farmers or help you develop your marketing plans.
The primary program areas are:
- Business Management and Analysis
- Nursery/Greenhouse Crop Production
- Dairy Farm Business Summary
- Pesticide Certification and Recertification
- Beginning and Small Farmers
How can you benefit from participating?
- Connect with other farmers in the region
- Connect with the research of Cornell and other Land Grant Universities
- Improve your bottom line through innovative marketing and business management
- Obtain or maintain your pesticide applicator license through participation in our classes
- Learn about compliance and regulatory issues that impact your business
- Access highly qualified specialists to assist you with production and business management issues
Last updated December 22, 2022