Cornell Climate Stewards
The application period is open until March 3rd
Thursday evenings from 6:00pm - 8:00pm in person or online
From March 9, 2023 – June 8, 2023
(12 weeks – off April 6 and May 25th)
In each of the trainings, trainees will cover a specific climate change topic, with additional outside readings, videos and group activities designed to develop skills needed to lead and educate their communities in climate science, adaption, and mitigation. Throughout the course, trainees will design an individual or group community action project that they will present and discuss in the final class sessions.
Climate Stewards Training Program
The Climate Stewards training consists of 12 modules taught over 12 weeks:
- Module 1: Orientation
- Module 2: Introduction to the Science of Climate Change
- Module 3: Introduction to Climate Change Impacts
- Module 4: Working with Local Governments & Communities
- Module 5: Introduction to Climate Change Mitigation
- Module 6: Community Mitigation Strategies
- Module 7: Introduction to Climate Change Adaptation
- Module 8: Community Adaptation Strategies
- Module 9: Effective Climate Change Communication
- Module 10: Climate Justice
- Module 11: Planning you Local Climate Change Community Project
- Module 12: Presenting Your Local Climate Change Community Project
During the last few weeks, trainees put their new-found skills into action with completion and presentation of individual or group action projects that will be the first steps in making a difference in our communities.
Please read through all information thoroughly before submitting your application.
Click here to apply
Last updated January 3, 2023